First of all let me explain a bit about this tag in case you don’t know about it. It’s a tag created by Samantha from Toughts on Tomes and Lainey from Ginger Reads Lainey and is a weekly book meme were a topic or theme is chosen and each week you have to choose five books/series/tvshows that fit the description. If you want to check it out here’s the Goodreads group.
This is my first ever Top 5 Wednesday! So let’s see if it works!! At least for today’s promp I have some clear choices!! So, books I want to finally get to on 2017?? Let me tell you there are a ton of those! If only you could check my goodreads “to read” list… and there are a lot other that don’t even appear there! Everything is such a chaos!
But leaving that aside, here are the 5 books (series) I really want to sink my teeth into!! Are any of these in your near future lists??
1. Harry Potter Series: Don’t kill me, I know, I should be rereading these… but truth be told, I’ve never read this series!! When they started to come out I just hated reading… it wasn’t until this past year that I started to take reading religiously! So, I decided 2017 was the year! I won’t forgive myself if I don’t get to them, although I marathon the movies every single year and I know the core of the story, I really want to give these books a try, which I doubt I’ll regret!!
2. Outlander Series: 2017 was officially the Outlander year, after marathoning the first season and watching as soon as I could the second one and completely falling for the story and Jamie… So I am on point to continue and “finish” this series… I already started with Outlander, but the series is a long one and I’ll need all of the time and
patience in the world not to devour them!
3. The Lorien Legacies: I am one of those that watched the movie and liked it (although it wasn’t a perfect one), I would have changed a lot of things but the main story I really liked and when I realized it was based on a long series of books… I knew this was going to be my first real encounter with SciFi!! Also I ended up getting into that world and needed to know more of the badass that is Six! They’ve been in my immediate TBR for quite some time and I always end up leaving them there… to gather some dust I guess! But this is the year!
4. Ruta Sepetys’ books: Lately I’ve been getting more into historical fiction, which is a genre that I hadn’t given much thought this past couple of years. I’ve heard such good things about her writing and her books, especially about Shades of Grey and Salt to the Sea, that I need to dive into them soon. I was just waiting for the right time, to be in right mood to enjoy them! The first two take place apparently in WWII days which I hate but I am really interested in learning more about and the last one takes place in New Orleans, need I say more??
5. The Falconer trilogy: I’ve always find Scotland somehow connected to my country with some similarities, and after Outlander it was really understandable that I wanted to fly there, even if it was from my own sofa or bed… through my imagination! So I started up looking for some Scotland based fictions and after a lot of books added to my “to read” pile I choose these. I’ve heard really good things about this series and I won’t lie, I am still waiting fo the whole trilogy to be published so that I can get my hands on the US editions because… total cover buy those are!! So yes, I find myself drown the story in itself, but those covers did the final trick (how superficial I know!) and I cannot wait to have them in my arms!
· · ·
*Some other notable mentions go to The Precious Stone Trilogy by Kerstin Gier, Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo and The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare. 2017 will be a busy year and although these do not fit the characteristics I would also like to mention the 2017 publications I See You by Clare Mackintosh and The Burning World by Isaac Marion.
The year of series you said?? Well, yes, you are right!ha
[All of the photos in this post have been taken from google images]