First of all let me explain a bit about this tag in case you don’t know about it. It’s a tag created by Samantha from Toughts on Tomes and Lainey from Ginger Reads Lainey and is a weekly book meme were a topic or theme is chosen and each week you have to choose five books/series/tvshows that fit the description. If you want to check it out here’s the Goodreads group.
This week is all about fictional items, those gorgeous things you wish were real, that you would like to give as a gift.
This was a hard one, because I didn’t want to include only HP items, and let’s be clear this list could and would have been filled with some of the greatest inventions that appear in the Harry Potter World. ANother difficult point about this week’s challenge was the fact that it is not what you would like to be gifted but what you would give as a gift, later on I’ll talk about some items that didn’t make the list and why.
Without any kind of order, let’s begin!
1. Steele: maybe not that practical outside of that magical world of the shadowhunters, but still I found the concept of a steele and everything that comes with it very intriguing and interesting, and it would look good anywhere so there you go imaginary friend! I just really liked the runes and everything that they represent.
2. Dragon Eggs: The dragon eggs from Khaleesi of A SOng of Ice and Fire, need I say more? They look gorgeous as mere decorative props, but what if it turns out they are not just decorative? I am all for it, I’ll give these to you imaginary friend, but just don’t expect me to feed them when you are not around!
3. Aladdin’s Lamp: I don’t think this one needs much of an explanation, you would have 3 wishes, any kind of wishes, be careful of their possible repercussions, but otherwise you are safe, and if in return you would grant one of those wishes to me… well I wouldn’t say no!
4. Hermione’s bag: Not only for being my favorite color but for its main function! Either Hermione’s or Mary Poppins bags fulfill the requisites, but I see Hermione’s more practical and pretty than Mary’s. I know you would appreciate this gift the most, no more carry ons, no more checking baggage… it would be the perfect gift for that traveler in you group!
5. Wand: Entering HP terrain already yes, but between so many wands to choose from this certainly would turn out to be a hard choice, for myself I would choose Hermione’s or Luna’s for their simplicity, but I no doubt would choose the Elder one for you.
Like I previously said, here are some items that didn’t make the list, that I would love to have for myself!
- The marauders map: I would have this and also give this, but too much Potterworld already was in the official list, so this one didn’t make the cut.
- The invisibility cloak: yes, another Potter item, but this one was discarded because I would want this for me, and not to give, I wouldn’t give this to someone so that she/he could do as she pleased… but I would gift it to myself :p
· · ·
[All of the photos in this post have been taken from google images]