Like I said the previous week I wanted to end up this year in a happy note so here are my best reads of this 2016!! I hope you find some favourites here too!! If not, all of the books mentioned here are worthy of a read or a reread and I completely recommend them to you!!
5. Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco: Jack the Ripper retelling in Victorian england with one badass young woman need I say more? Well I still cannot believe this was Kerri’s first novel because it was rich! Entertaining, fun with a great ambiance and some interesting surprises. [REVIEW here]
4. I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh: One of my last read and one that I enjoyed immensely. This mix of police investigation with a psychological thriller full of twist and turns left me gasping for air and the writing impressed me to the point that I already have preordered the next one (even if it’s not a series) because this author is one that I now plan on following. [REVIEW here]
3. November 9 by Colleen Hoover: This was my first CoHo book and till now is the best one I’ve read. The story was sad and sweet but most of all, it made me fall through the rabbit hole of the rollercoaster of emotions that this book was. I completely fell for these characters and the story and the writing only helped to make everything seem even more real. If CoHo does one thing right is taking real stories and making them her own. [REVIEW here]
2. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak: This one is my last 5* book of the year and one that surprised me. I don’t need to mention the buzz around this book because it is there and it is huge as you know! So I am just gonna say that I followed Liesel in her adventures with my heart open and that didn’t help because this was such a wrenching story! [REVIEW here]
1. Emma by Jane Austen: Well, no words are needed with this one because it is a classic and an Austen classic nonetheless. The main character, our beloved Emma was full of sparks and it drove you on a Regency adventure full of rich landscape and colorful characters. This one holds the places of my favorite Jane Austen’s among P&P of course.. [REVIEW here]
Did you loved any of this books as much as I did or am I alone?? If so, which other books did you find should be added to this list? Maybe they worth to be added to my 2017 TBR!!
– – –
PS: Enjoy this weekend’s festivities!! I hope you have a great time surrounded by friends and family and that you say goodbye to this last year and hello to the one that’s coming with one big smile!!!