First of all a big Thank you to Lois and David from Lois Reads Books and also to Sonia from Glutton for Books for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award. Go ahead and check both their blogs because they are worth it!! 🙂 🙂
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated and provide the link to the post you created.
My Blogging Life
Well let’s start by saying that something in my brain activated this past 2016 and mainly thanks to discovering bookstagram, I started reading and buying books like a crazy person. After that I started trying to rate and give my opinions on goodreads but that evolved in me trying to write actual proper reviews. I started using goodreads as a tool to review and connect but after seeing a lot of bookstagram people opening their own blogs I decided to go ahead and try it for myself, why not? So in october I started with this adventure as a way to share and collect my reviews in a more appealing way that I had in GR . I am still figuring things out and trying to compartmentalize my time in the blogosphere and working, but for now I am happy with the results! 🙂
Some Humble Advice
Probably not an original advice but it’s what came to my mind first!! If you started your blog to gain followers and fame it’s ok, but I don’t know what to say to you. If instead of for stats, you started it like I did, to keep your reviews in check and to get to comment, discover new books and chat to fellow worms, then there you go:
- Post regularly, but don’t forget there’s life outside of this bookworm-sphere!! I would recommend you to use the “schedule” tool as much as you can, so that this doesn’t take away all of your free and reading time! 😉 Also if you find yourself in a reading/writing slump there are a ton of tags/memes out there which can help you get some inspiration for new reads, new posts and can also help you meet new people! 🙂
- Interact with other bookworms mainly via your blog but also via the rest of social media sites such as goodreads, twitter, bookstagram and booktube. The bookworm community is bigger than I thought and you will find some great people out there!!