To commemorate this month February’s festivities (*eye roll moment x1000)😒 aka Valentine’s day I decided to select some romance and romantic novels for those of you season readers! 😋 It’s not that I don’t believe in love perse but I just don’t believe in this Valentine’s nonsense. Yes, like all of the cynics out there I think this is an invention that works for nothing except for making someone’s pockets fuller.
Have no doubt, I am a romantic at heart, truly, but Frozen Queen also comes to a lot of minds when trying to dissect me. 😂😂😂
But well without further ado here it goes, have in mind that I don’t tend to read romance novels unless they are classics, so this was a bit hard:
1. Pride & Prejudice (goodreads): I think this one needs no explaining. Austen is a go to when looking for Romance novels and between all of her stories (at least the ones I’ve read) this is the best one. If you are looking for a romance novels, full of colorful and dramatic characters and want to read more classics this should be your choice. It follows the story of a family with five daughters in the search of romance and more concisely husbands, but mostly in follows our heroine Elizabeth Bennet, a great character full of wit and prejudices…
2. Our Demons Best Friends (goodreads): This is a new take on contemporary NA love story. If you like Grey’s Anatomy you’ll love it and even if you don’t you will still love it, there’s no losing! This book follows two severely damaged characters who meet in a hospital (there goes your GA connection) and you can guess the rest… Yes tehre’s drama but mostly there’s a genuine love story that will touch your little heart. It’s a rollercoaster of emotions plus is a self published book so if you can support de author that’s another win win!! 😉 You can find the review here.
3. Jane Eyre (goodreads): Here comes another cult classic! This is a darker and more dramatic take on romance but it definitely is as strong and as powerful as P&P. It narrates the sad story of a little orphan who goes from a hell house to an orphanage and then to the tenebrous Thornfield where she becomes a governess. There she finds soul-eating love but also profound desperation and she ends up leaving it all in search of solitude and possible happyness away from everything. Yes, as you can see it is a gloomy story, but one that will take you places.
4. Outlander (goodreads): This is an ongoing adventure for me, I am taking my time with this one, maybe too much but that’s not because I don’t love it, because trust me, I do. This one follows our main heroine Claire Randall who after all odds travels back in time from 1945 to 1743 Scotland. There she has to become acclimated to her new surroundings which sometimes turn out to be dangerous. Then she meets a handsome fella (😍😍) Jamie Fraser, and their adventure to survive in a Scotland in war begins. Love, heartbreak, action and despair plus yes, a very sexist environment is what you will find.
5. PS. I Love You (goodreads): I must confess that if it wasn’t for the movie adaptation I would not remember much about this one, because I read it a long time ago… keeping that in mind just as a note, the movie took a lot of liberties and from what I remember I preferred the book (duh). This is a proper love story with a real sad beginning and a melancholy to it that gets to you. The notes, that represent our second major character here, send Holly in an adventure to find herself once again after losing the companion of her life