First of all let me explain a bit about this tag in case you don’t know about it. It’s a tag created by Samantha from Toughts on Tomes and Lainey from Ginger Reads Lainey and is a weekly book meme were a topic or theme is chosen and each week you have to choose five books/series/tvshows that fit the description. If you want to check it out here’s the Goodreads group.
#T5W: Favorite Non-Written Novels
“This was a hard topic to name, but this is about all books that are not ‘written’ novels! So graphic novels, comics, manga, audiobooks, etc. Shed some light on books in other forms.”
I was dreading this week’s theme… completely! It’s not a bad one, but it’s just too hard! I’ve only listened to an audiobook series and I haven’t read any other non-written type of novels, no graphic novels, comics…, just nothing! So I found myself obliged to make this week’s #T5W my own… sorry.
Audiobooks are the most coherent option I could find. But be carefull because the narrators out there… aren’t always great! Here are some of my selections, all great, but of course there are more out there! Feel free to recommend me some! 😉
1. Mindy Kaling: I doubt there’s much more I need to say… This woman is simply hilarious and a great writer. If you haven’t read/listened to any of her books go ahead, because her quirk voice jumps from the pages, so I can’t even imagine how will it be to hear her voice!
1. Santino Fontana aka Joe Goldberg: And you may ask, what?? Who is this person? Well for me HE is Joe Goldberg the main protagonist from Caroline Kepnes’ books You and Hidden Bodies. I read both books and although I struggled with the first one for some strange reason, I enjoyed them and I pictured exactly this guy. As it turns out, when I finished You I found out this guy was the narrator!! 😲😲 So just for him I am contemplating in rereading these books via audiobook… 😜😜
(Just look at this face please!)
3. Lauren Graham: Similar to Mindy, but maybe not always on my mind at least not until this year’s relaunch of Gilmore Girls. I followed the show temporarily but now that I recently rewatched it all + the retake of Netflix I fell over heels for Lauren’s character and for her herself once more. I no doubt compare her to Mindy, because this gal also has a voice of her own. I’ve read her book but I would have loved to hear it from her, so definitely check it out either if you were a GG fan or not, because she doesn’t disappoint!
4. Buffyverse: Need I say more?? Yes, I am a slayer too, at least at heart. Here is a show I rewatch every single year, and one that I followed since they started emitting it in Spain a looong time ago. And the fact that the story extended itself in all sorts of ways including comic books… Well I’ve never read one of these but if they still have even a slight part of the original’s magic they are worth a read don’t you think?
5. Jessica Jones aka Alias comics: I loved the first season of this dark show and having to wait for two years for a continuation is killing me. So, when I discovered this was based on a comic book series, part of the Marvel universe, I thought I should give this a try and I think it would be a great second step to get into comics.
[All of the gifs in this post have been taken from google images]