First of all let me explain a bit about this tag in case you don’t know about it. It’s a tag created by Samantha from Toughts on Tomes and Lainey from Ginger Reads Lainey and is a weekly book meme were a topic or theme is chosen and each week you have to choose five books/series/tvshows that fit the description. If you want to check it out here’s the Goodreads group.
#T5W: Favorite Science Fiction & Fantasy Books *BooktubeSFF Awards Crossover Topic!*
“In collaboration with the BooktubeSFF Awards, talk about your favorite science fiction and fantasy books of all time!”
Once again the choices weren’t that simple. I like fantasy and SciFi although I still consider myself quite a newbie. Looking at my shelves I only had two clear choices, one in each category, for the rest I had to search around, because as it turns out when talking about books, I haven’t read that much yet! But well here are my choices:
1. The Host: This Stephenie Meyer book, has something that always makes my most favorite lists. I think it was actually my first SciFi read ever and certainly my first dystopian. This read might be full of adventure and action but most of all it is a character driven story. This one features the most complicated love triangle till date. But don’t worry, it’s one you will enjoy it.
. . .
2. The Parasol Protectorate: This isn’t a book, but a series of 5 books. But who could resist it? I discovered this series this past year and first of all Carriger’s writing caught my eye is so descriptive, so lyrical but still so thrilling!! The books in themselves maybe aren’t complete but the characters you’ll find in here will stay with you for a long time, at least with me they did!
. . .
3. Shadow Kiss (VA #3): Rose, Dimitri, Evil intelligent vampires organized! That’s what you’ll fin in this one. VA is a great ride of the YA vampiric genre, that will not only appeal to teenagers. In fact in this installment we finally see everything that was brewing in the previous two book come to life and I am not only speak about the love story/drama. And that cliffhanger??Be prepared!!
. . .
4. I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies #1): One of my latest reads an another one I was brought to because of the movie, although it wasn’t a great movie, the story behind it interested me a lot. This series, that started with this book, was so rich in back story and action that keep you gripped enough, although the series in itself, stretched a bit too much, at least for my taste.
. . .
5. City of Glass (TMI #3):Truth be told I don’t remember much about this book. What I do remember is that I was surprised and satisfied with this ending, and that I think the series should have ended here, although as things turn out my favorite books were #3 and #6. The world building of this entire series is the best thing it has and in this installment we finally have some kind of closure.
Another one that almost made the list and that is definitely above 4 and 5 in my preferences is Warm Bodies. I admit I got to this book from the movie which I loved!! Do I have some kind of fetish with Teresa Palmer??haha maybe, I like her but it’s only a coincidence that she appears in two adaptations in this shott list. This story didn’t make it to the list because I just wasn’t entirely sure if it could be taken as a SciFi book.
[All of the photos in this post have been individually taken from google images]