First of all let me explain a bit about this tag in case you don’t know about it. It’s a tag created by Samantha from Toughts on Tomes and Lainey from Ginger Reads Lainey and is a weekly book meme were a topic or theme is chosen and each week you have to choose five books/series/tvshows that fit the description. If you want to check it out here’s the Goodreads group.
#T5W: Books You Felt Betrayed By
“Beware the Ides of March! What books (or characters) did you feel betrayed by, for whatever reason…big or small.”
1. Champion by Marie Lu: Well, I felt betrayed by this whole trilogy but most of all by the ending of this book. I won’t spoil anything I will just say that “cute” ending?¿? Nope, just nope.
2. Breaking Dawn – Part 2: Are you of the believe that an image is worth a thousand words?? Well, I was a Twihard (yes, completely obsessed) and this scene down here… I felt this whole thing like a punch on my face, I won’t spoiler just in case, but those who’ve read or watched the movie know what I am talking about…
3. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins: First of all I wasn’t disappointed by this series but by a character from it. Gale. My lovely Gale… I don’t remember exactly when I started shipping Peeta and Katniss but it must have been by book 3. Until then I really believed in Gale, in who he was and what he believed in but he let revenge guide him and destroy him, so from where he started to where he ended… nope, I definitely felt betrayed by him.
4. Cassandra Clare: Book related but still my disappointed is linked to the author behind the Shadowhunter’s world herself, Cassandra Clare. I although ended up enjoying her continuation to TMI trilogy I still felt betrayed by her, just for writing it. Does it make any sense?? I just got the feeling this was simply something she did to gain more money, don’t know if it’s true or not, is just a personal feeling of mine. I still bought her books, and plan on getting and reading everything shadowhunter related but there’s something about her that just doesn’t… with me.
5. Penny Dreadful: Not technically a book but still, PD’s 3rd season and especially that finale was disappointing and I felt betrayed by all of the characters. I just wasn’t expecting that, yes, of course it was a possibility but Vanessa’s reasoning and fate… Just left me hollow.
[All of the gifs in this post have been taken from google images]