First of all let me explain a bit about this tag in case you don’t know about it. It’s a tag created by Samantha from Toughts on Tomes and Lainey from Ginger Reads Lainey and is a weekly book meme were a topic or theme is chosen and each week you have to choose five books/series/tvshows that fit the description. If you want to check it out here’s the Goodreads group.
#T5W: Top SFF Books on Your TBR *Booktube SFF Awards Babble Crossover Topic!*
“Talk about the science fiction and fantasy books you want to read ASAP!”
Oh TBR… I think that’s a tabu theme for us bookworms!! As for most (more like everyone) of you TBR, are piles of books that keep growing without any kind of control!!
In my case I’ve recently started reading more books in the SciFi genre and less in the fantasy one. It means nothing, but you know how the moods work and apparently that’s what my brains are craving now!
But well here are my choices:
1. The Martian: Ever since the movie I investigated and found out about the book and seeing all of the buzz it had generated I decided that it deserved my time! (eyeroll moment) It’s been sitting on my shelves for some months now and it seems that I never have time for it but I must to it!! Soon!!
2. Ready Player One: Another one that’s been keeping company Andy Weir on my shelves… I am not and have never been much of a video game player or at all if we are completely truthfull but this one picked my interest and have also been meaning to read for months now!!
3. Harry Potter Series: Well this is a series of books that shouldn’t have to make my list but indeed it does. I have repeated myself too many times already so I’ll just say 2017 is the year and I won’t let it pass any more. I’ve grabbed the first book on several occasion but I’ve been scared too.
4. The Long Way to A Small, Angry Planet: I recently purchased a copy of this book and it isn’t only gorgeous but I’ve heard such great things about the characters and the atmosphere created by Chambers that I’ll pick it up ASAP because I know I won’t be able to control myself!!!
5. Dark Matter: A SciFi book with a thriller/mystery twist?? Call me sold!! As if Blake Crouch had read my mind… It doesn’t help at all that this book got a lot of great reviews either! I know it’s been months now since its release but I ususally try to wait for the buzz to quite down a bit.
[All of the photos in this post have been individually taken from google images]