First of all let me explain a bit about this tag in case you don’t know about it. It’s a tag created by Samantha from Toughts on Tomes and Lainey from Ginger Reads Lainey and is a weekly book meme were a topic or theme is chosen and each week you have to choose five books/series/tvshows that fit the description. If you want to check it out here’s the Goodreads group.
#T5W: Authors You Want to Read More From
“Talk about some authors that you’ve only read one or a few books from, and you NEED to read more!”
This month hasn’t been the best for my blogging skills… they’ve been lacking 100% I know!! Sorry!!! I just promised myself I wouldn’t have another entry until I posted a proper review… and I am in the process, I already have two on their way so I find it proper to finish up the month in a good note!!
First of all I didn’t want to repeat myself too much, so instead of repeating favourite author’s names (someone who I am currently reading comes to mind… :P) I went with ones of whom I’ve read either only one book of or ones that have left a durable impression! 😉 Oh, and also it wasn’t on purpose that all (?¿?I doubt?¿?) are females… I like male writing, trust me! I just happen to have discovered more female writers this past months… 😂😂😂
Here are my picks for this week’s theme!! All of these authors are new or quite new for me, with only one exception. But what can you do when you have a soft spot for someone?? Nothing, nothing at all!!hahaha
1. Lyndsay Faye: To begin with the newbies there’s this woman. I haven’t reviewed Jane Steele but you don’t need that to know this woman has some unique writing skills! She created these very vivid characters in a rather-boring decade, were life flashed without much action happening. That action that would have felt alien in some other hands, felt so real and possible that I am currently waiting for her take on non other than Mr. Holmes and The Ripper themselves!!!
2. Marisha Pessl: This woman completely bewitched me!! I think she must be some kind of witch… If not, something else, because what a twisted mind she had to have, to create the world she did in Night Film… I am still working on the review for taht one! She left me craving for more of her twisted work. She had a very descriptive-but-not-at-all-boring writing, created such unstable atmosphere around me… She had to make the list!!!
3. Riley Sager: To finish up with the debutants (well, at least under this pen name) here’s Riley Sager! This book, pictured right here which still isn’t out, was my first 5* book of the year and I don’t doubt it will be in my top 5 of 2017. I don’t know anything about this mysterious author other than he conquered me!! I plan on following and we’ll see where the current takes us! 😉
4. Diana T. Scott: Ok yes, she’s been making quite a few appearances in this blog!hehe But what can I say, she has such a sweet voice that will get to you and you will need more of her! If you don’t trust me go check Our Demons Best Friends and you may understand me! Now that she has finished her first series, although she is apparently making touch-ups I expect to read more from her soon!
5. Mindy Kaling: Ok, this one doesn’t look like fair game, but I am giving it an OK. I adore Mindy! As much as I love hearing her inner thoughts in her nonfic I would love to read some work of fiction written by her. Giving how The Mindy Project is mainly a romcom, the proper genre would be a very crazy-comedic chick-lit. Not my favourite anymore, unless on special cases, which I guess this one would be!
[All of the photos in this post have been individually taken from google images]