First of all let me explain a bit about this tag in case you don’t know about it. It’s a tag created by Samantha from Toughts on Tomes and Lainey from Ginger Reads Lainey and is a weekly book meme were a topic or theme is chosen and each week you have to choose five books/series/tvshows that fit the description. If you want to check it out here’s the Goodreads group.
#T5W: Books as Event Themes
“It’s party season, whether that is high school prom, weddings, or summer holiday events. What books would make a good party/event theme??”
Interesting prompt for this week. One that left me open-mouthed because I really had no idea!! I forced myself to think outside the box because for this week, thinking about themes parties for once, is not my thing. Here we don’t do proms or anything like it so I never had that experience of having themed parties.
So without further ado, here are my picks for this intriguing prompt (in no particular other):
1. Alice in Wonderland: I am going to sound cliché selecting this one, but seriously I don’t care! This one was the first that popped into my mind and the sad thing is that I haven’t read the book!! Well, I read those Disney ones inspired by the movie when I was just a kid, but nothing since… I am ashamed because it is one of the most beloved classic in bookwormland!! What do you think of a tea gathering picnic style (like the mad hatter)? And what if I told you to twist it and make it a BBQ for those summer weekends with friends or family?? 🙂 🙂 🙂
It could also work as a wedding theme ( 😉 to Gilmore Girls for makint that happen!)
2. The Hunger Games: OK, so, don’t hate me or kill me or anything (because I know it sounds crazy, trust me, I know), but just now an image of THG popped into my head referencing the 4th of July US celebrations! I know it sounds strange and I don’t even understand it, but who knows how minds work?
OK, another idea, let’s turn THG hunting game theme into a less bloody one and make a scavenger hunt out of the whole ordeal! Will you be keen in something like that?? Instead of having to kill each other, figuring out different kind of puzzles to get to your prize doesn’t sound half bad right?¿?
3. Austen’s works: This damme needs no introduction and I find her regency works and all of those different characters she created with such artistry deserve a place in any kind of party. From a bachelorette party organized by Lydia Bennet to a wedding arranged by the same Emma… there’s no way you can go wrong with some romanticism. I admit this example more than based in a book is based on a period of time in old English countryside, but I think it still works pretty well! 😉
4. Ghotic paranormal: I wouldn’t dare throw one, but those ghotic weddings or other kind of big scale parties do look awesome! So imagine one inspired by not only one, but all sorts of supernatural beings out there? A mash up between dracula, the bride of dracula, buffy the vampire slayer, the parasol protectorate (with its steampunk added bonus 🙂 ), interview with the vampire… hell yeah! Oh, I don’t mean only vampire based books/shows/movies, but I find the vampire to be the most gothic paranormal being out there! 😉 (Oh yeah, and what about some proper witches??)
OK, this answer is a bit big, but I just can’t thing of a single book/show/movie, there have to be thousands!!
4. Star Wars: Because I had to end up with a bang! This world and the posibilities are infinite. You can throw any kind of party based on this galactic franchise, and who would say no?? Not me, taht’s for sure! The original trilogy came to life went I hadn’t even born but I still remmeber watching the movies when I was nothing but I child. I doubt I even understood much but a fan was born there and the amounts of nostalgia they bring to me as to countless others make this choice a must!
[All of the photos in this post have been individually taken from google images]
. . .